Estate Administration and Probate
Probate and estate administration is the work that is necessary to wind up someone’s affairs after they’ve died. It can be a complex, lengthy, and emotionally challenging process. At King Will’s Wills we have the experience and knowledge to act on your behalf for some or all of this work.
Estate administration is commonly referred to as ‘probate’ and your ‘executors, who are named in your Will, will handle this process and are legally and financially liable.
- Registering the death
- Arranging the funeral
- Obtaining the grant of Probate
- Collecting in the deceased’s assets
- Identifying and valuing any assets and debts
- Informing banks and utility suppliers
- Completing an inheritance tax return
- Setting up any Trusts referred to in the Will
- Paying debts and taxes within deadlines
- Distributing the estate to beneficiaries
- Distribution of residue
- Transferring ownership of property
- Producing a full set of accounts
King Will’s Wills will help to relieve the burden of probate and estate administration at a difficult time; handling all aspects of the estate, from dealing with the courts and tax offices, through to finalisation and distribution.